The Gossip Girl novel series was created by Cecily von Ziegesar and written by herself as well as by an unknown ghost writer. The name of the first novel in the series, Gossip Girl, is also the nom de plume of the narrator. It has also been adapted into a TV series airing on The CW and CTV. It spawned two spin-off book series, The It Girl and Gossip Girl: The Carlyles.
Titles[edit | edit source]
Published by Alloy Entertainment, the Gossip Girl series has been published in paperback with the twelfth in the series, prequel It Had To Be You, published in hardcover. The first eight books were written by von Ziegesar, while the remaining in the series were ghostwritten.
- 1. Gossip Girl
- 2. You Know You Love Me
- 3. All I Want Is Everything
- 4. Because I'm Worth It
- 5. I Like It Like That
- 6. You're the One That I Want
- 7. Nobody Does It Better
- 8. Nothing Can Keep Us Together
- 9. Only in Your Dreams (written by a GHOSTWRITER)
- 10. Would I Lie to You (written by a GHOSTWRITER)
- 11. Don't You Forget About Me (written by a GHOSTWRITER)
- 12. It Had to Be You (prequel to the series; written by a GHOSTWRITER)
- 13. I Will Always Love You (written by a GHOSTWRITER)
Other titles[edit | edit source]
- Gossip Girl: Psycho Killer
- Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only
Spin-offs[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
Serena van der Woodsen
Adaptions[edit | edit source]
Television[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Gossip Girl (TV series)
The Gossip Girl television adaption aired on The CW Television Network from 2007 until 2012. Josh Schwartz, the creator of The O.C., and Stephanie Savage served as executive producers for the project.
In the television series, Blake Lively plays Serena, Leighton Meester plays Blair, Chace Crawford plays Nate, Ed Westwick plays Chuck Bass, Penn Badgely plays Dan Humphrey and Taylor Momsen plays Jenny Humphrey. The show is based on the books but does not follow the same story line.